Thursday, November 19, 2009

Other thoughts

What else would you like to say or to discuss about the book?

8 comments:

  1. I think that the books lack of catholocism in the book is a down grade but I like books with people with problems so this book is all around wonderful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Sam. They don't have any religion beccause they have no hope. The only thing they have from the outside world is the Hunger Games and that just reminds them that the Capitol is in power and not God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding on to what Abbie and Sam said, they do not have any religion because there is no hope. I think that at one point there was a religion,but after the destruction of District 13 the people lost all hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nash, Abbie, and Sam because clearly the Capitol wants the districts to belive there is no God because the Capitol wants the people of Panem to believe no one can save them from this oppression of the districts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hunger Games is not just a way to remind the people that the Capitol has complete control. I think the sole purpose of the Hunger Games is so the Capitol can watch other people turn into animals rather than notice they are animals themselves by the way they rule over Panem with such brutality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to point out that Suzanne Collins has built up an interesting theory as to what our race might become in the future. Today, models and TV stars all have the 'Hollywood' look with fake features, skinny bodies, and makeup so heavily coated it would make a clown proud. Are we really unlike the citizens of the Capitol? How far would we go to be 'perfect'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with GraceAnn, this book really does make us think of the future of the human race. In the Hunger Games there is a huge focus on material things in the Capital. I believe that's the reason no God or aspect of religion is mentioned in this book. The people of Panem, in a way gave up on God because they are surrounded with so much violence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that in the next books of the trilogy Peeta will fall back in love with Katniss because at the end of this book he was slipping away from her.

    ReplyDelete