Thursday, November 19, 2009

High-level questions:

What questions do you want to pose or discuss with your group about the book? Ask two and answer two.

13 comments:

  1. Was it a right minded decision to volunteer so her sister will not go? Will she regret volunteering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (answering sam's question)I think Katniss will not regret going, because there was no way she was going to let Prim experience the Hunger Games. I think it was a right minded choice. (asking my own question) If your younger sibling was called, would you volunteer in his or her place? What if your best friend was called, would you volunteer then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your family was going hungry like the Everdeens, would you be willing to break serious rules to go out into the forest and hunt for food? If you would, then would you be more likely to hunt with a partner or on your own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is Peeta trying to gain an advantage on his opponents, or is he just sincerely being a nice guy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will Katniss regret everything once she enters the games? Will Peeta stay her friend once they enter the games?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Answering Brandon's question, I think that Peeta is just a nice guy. He is just the baker's son and really doesn't want to harm Katniss. Why does Cinna want Katniss to wear her golden Mocking Jay pin?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Answering GraceAnn's question, I would be willing to hunt in the woods. The alternative would be starving. I would also want to hunt with someone like Katniss and Gale because it wouldn't be as scary. Is Gale helping Katniss' family at home while she's in the capitol?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Answering Abbie's question, Cinna wants Katniss to wear her golden Mocking Jay pin because Cinna wants Katniss to remember her home so Katniss will try harder to win the Hunger Game and return to what she loves most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why did the Gamemakers give Katniss such a high score if they did not pay attention to her skills in the training center?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Answering Brandon's question, I think they gave her a high score either because they were impressed with archery skills, or because they were angry for being shot at and wanted to pin a target on her back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Answering GraceAnn's question, if i was in the situation of starvation I would break the rules and go out into the woods because I would try as hard as possible to help my family. I would also go with a partner because hunting would be much easier as a team and each partner could share skills with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Answering Brandon's questions, I think Peeta is sincere because he actually cares about Katniss. He knew he would be beaten by his mother, but he still gave Katniss the bread when they were little so she wouldn't starve. Also, the gamemakers gave Katniss a high score so the other tributes would feel threatened and compelled to target her from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Answering GraceAnn's questions, I would be perfectly willing to hunt for my family and i would only hunt with a partner if they were a better hunter than me.

    ReplyDelete