I think passage on page 20, that states "...Effie Trinket crosses back to the podium, smoothes the slip of paper, and reads out the name in a clear voice. And it's not me. It's Primrose Everdeen." is significant in the book because Katniss did not want her sister of all people to be the one to get picked to go to the Hunger Games leading up the her volunteering.
p.20 "Effie Trinket crossed back to the podium, smoothes the slip of paper, and reads the name in a clear voice. And it's not me. It's Primrose Everdeen." I think this passage is significant because this moment in time is when she runs up to volunteer in place of her sister.
"I swallow hard and get the words out. 'You don't have much competition anywhere'" (pg 302) This is important to show that Katniss really does start to like Peeta.
"Ladies and gentlemen,let the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games begin!" (pg. 147) This is an important passage because it signals the main struggle Katniss will have to overcome.
"'I think he said for us to hold hands,' says Peeta. He grabs my right hand in his left, and we look to Cinna for confirmation. He nods and gives us a thumbs up, and that's the last thing I see before we enter the city." (pg. 69) This passage is important because it is the first time Peeta and Katniss present themselves as a team, instead of enemies, to all of Panem. Especially to the Capitol.
To the everlasting credit of the people of district 12, not one person claps. Not even the ones holding the betting slips, the ones who are usually beyond caring. Possibly because they knew me from the hob, or knew my father, or have encountered Prim, who no one can help loving. So instead of acknowledging applause, I stand there unmoving while they take part in the boldest form of dissent they can manage. Silence. Which says we do not agree. We do not condone. All of this is wrong. [pg. 23] I believe this is a very important passage in this book because it hints at rebellion and shows how willing the people are to show their resentment towards the Hunger Games
I agree with Sam on this one. The whole reason Katniss is in the games is because Prim was chosen. If ANYONE else was chosen, she would have never stepped up to take on the Games,
I think passage on page 20, that states "...Effie Trinket crosses back to the podium, smoothes the slip of paper, and reads out the name in a clear voice. And it's not me.
ReplyDeleteIt's Primrose Everdeen." is significant in the book because Katniss did not want her sister of all people to be the one to get picked to go to the Hunger Games leading up the her volunteering.
p.20
ReplyDelete"Effie Trinket crossed back to the podium, smoothes the slip of paper, and reads the name in a clear voice. And it's not me.
It's Primrose Everdeen."
I think this passage is significant because this moment in time is when she runs up to volunteer in place of her sister.
"I swallow hard and get the words out. 'You don't have much competition anywhere'"
ReplyDelete(pg 302)
This is important to show that Katniss really does start to like Peeta.
"Ladies and gentlemen,let the Seventy-fourth Hunger Games begin!" (pg. 147) This is an important passage because it signals the main struggle Katniss will have to overcome.
ReplyDelete"'I think he said for us to hold hands,' says Peeta. He grabs my right hand in his left, and we look to Cinna for confirmation. He nods and gives us a thumbs up, and that's the last thing I see before we enter the city." (pg. 69)
ReplyDeleteThis passage is important because it is the first time Peeta and Katniss present themselves as a team, instead of enemies, to all of Panem. Especially to the Capitol.
To the everlasting credit of the people of district 12, not one person claps. Not even the ones holding the betting slips, the ones who are usually beyond caring. Possibly because they knew me from the hob, or knew my father, or have encountered Prim, who no one can help loving. So instead of acknowledging applause, I stand there unmoving while they take part in the boldest form of dissent they can manage. Silence. Which says we do not agree. We do not condone. All of this is wrong.
ReplyDelete[pg. 23]
I believe this is a very important passage in this book because it hints at rebellion and shows how willing the people are to show their resentment towards the Hunger Games
I agree with Sam on this one. The whole reason Katniss is in the games is because Prim was chosen. If ANYONE else was chosen, she would have never stepped up to take on the Games,
ReplyDelete