Thursday, November 19, 2009

Interpret:

What is your interpretation/analysis of the book on a deeper level?

7 comments:

  1. In my opinion, I think that the book is referring to the state of living that the American people are living now. Not the that we are all poor and having to hunt, it is the fact that the people have some freedom, but are still controlled by the Capitol more than anything. The people have little say against the capital. Now I know that we can vote, but does it make a difference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Nash's point, I agree with him, it says we are America, the only free country, but there are a million laws and rules that restrain us from being a free country. If we were a free country there would be no jail, we would all just do as we wish and get away with it. But its not that way we are still controlled by laws.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nash and Sam. This book represents our society to an extent. Yes, we are not struggling to survive, but we do have a very stereotypical community. We are free but just like the Capitol, have a very big drop off from the wealthy to the poor just like the capitol and districts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Sam because it is true that we call ourselves free even though we are controlled by laws. I think if there was not these laws, America would become chaos because no one could stop people from doing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Brandon because America does need limits. Laws are made for a reason, although not every last rule may be just and agreeable. Citizens should stand up for themselves and for what is right because if we do not, America could begin to resemble a certain Animal Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this book represents that if we try to ignore laws and rules, and in some way overthrow the government, our lives would turn into chaos. Something absolutely terrible could happen, like the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book, in a way, symbolizes the evil in our society. It shows how there is a huge drop off from the rich and the poor. It also makes me feel gratitude for the way things are.

    ReplyDelete